The Irish lad formed Modest Golf management to nurture new sports talent after One Direction went on hiatus.
At the Horan & Rose Gala, Niall told UK Daily Star:
“I love my music and I’ve not knocked it off the cards.”
But he admitted life is very different away from 1D:
“Sport is quite different from the pop world. It’s a bit strange as well not having your life mapped out for you, like in the band. Modest Golf management is really enjoyable – obviously I have a big passion for amateur golf and will be trying to look for the next batch of players.”
Niall had secretly been in the studio working with songwriting great Wayne Hector.
“I don’t know where it will go, there’s nothing suspicious in the pipeline, I’ve just been writing. Writing is something I got involved with early on. I try to go in and write with different types of songwriters, mixing Wayne with somebody who does folk music or something like that. I’m interested in blending the two genres together, but it’s not for anything particular.”
Meanwhile, Niall should be proud of his new direction. Sunday’s Horan & Rose Gala raised an incredible £800,000 for Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens, as well as Irish Autism Action and the Kate and Justin Rose foundation.
The big-hearted lad added:
“Everyone knows a family member or friend who has died of cancer. It’s the leading cause of death in kids and teens, so we want to do our bit to stop that.”
Speaking to Digital Spy on the red carpet the launch of the Horan & Rose Event at The Grove in Hertfordshire, the singer revealed he had been dabbling with recording and writing in the studio.
“Yeah, I’ve just been in the studio, nothing sneaky, nothing in particular going on,” he shared. Writing is always something I’ve enjoyed, as you know, and I’ve written with a few of the lads I’ve made relationships with down the years so I’ve been able to call up someone, ‘Do you wanna write? Yeah, cool, let’s go in the studio and write’.”
But while the thought of a Niall Horan solo album may be an exciting one for One Direction fans, we shouldn’t get our hopes up just yet as the singer added that playing golf is his main interest right now.
“Not particularly writing for anything but just having a bit of a laugh really,” he said.
“At the moment the golf thing is taking my interest… and I’m gonna spend a lot of time working on that, going to amateur events and sponsoring that. Just trying to get that off the ground first and see what happens.”
Speaking to Digital Spy on the red carpet at the launch of the Horan & Rose Event at The Grove in Hertfordshire, the singer broke the news that he isn’t particularly interested in following in Louis Tomlinson’s daddy footsteps at the moment.
“No, I’m definitely not broody at all, me,” he said. “Plenty of time for kids but literally I still haven’t met little Freddie yet.”
Louis Tomlinson welcomed his son Freddie Reign with Briana Jungwirth back in January, but it seems the long-awaited introduction to his One Direction bandmates isn’t through a lack of trying.
“Loads of times we’ve been in the same place but conflicted… he’s doing this, I’m doing that,” Niall explained. “I’m looking forward to meeting the little fella.”
Speaking to Digital Spy on the red carpet at the launch of the Horan & Rose Event at The Grove in Hertfordshire, Niall made sure Louis knew that he wouldn’t be going easy on him.
“I’m definitely confident about Soccer Aid yeah, usually this banter happens on Twitter and stuff like that but I think the English boys have been a little bit quieter than they usually are,” he said.
“I think they know what’s coming, we’ve got a very very strong team. We’ve got Ronaldinho, I think that pretty much says enough. Just in general it’s gonna be an unbelievable experience. It really feels like we’re in a professional football team, it’s something we’ve all dreamt of as kids so I think it’s genuinely gonna be an unbelievable week.”
The lads will be going up against each other for the charity football tournament in aid of UNICEF, with Tomlinson playing for Claudio Ranieri’s England and Horan for Jose Mourinho’s Rest of the World.
But while Niall and Louis are making sure to keep in touch – albeit with a bit of friendly banter – it seems fellow bandmate has been keeping him out of the loop, with Niall admitting that he didn’t know Harry would be cutting off his famous hair.
“He just posted a picture of it, of his hair, and it was gone,” Niall added. “So that’s the first I saw of it. It looks good, it looks good now.”
Niall has teamed up with golf pro Justin Rose to host an exclusive two-part charity event to raise awareness and funding for Cancer Research UK Kids and Teens.
Now that One Direction is on a break, all the guys of the band are finding new ways to occupy their time. Niall Horan has been spotted traveling, golfing, and enjoying his new freedom, but don’t think that he’s abandoning his musical roots just yet! The Irish star has asked Danny to write songs for a female artist he is launching.
McFly’s Danny Jones revealed to The Sun that Niall reached out for help producing a new singer.
“Niall text me the other day actually, saying there was a girl he wants to help out and he wanted me to produce it. He just said, ‘Mate, I’ve got this girl I want to develop. Can you help?’”
Niall is the second member of 1D to get into the talent scouting business after Louis set up his own record label and put together a new girlband.
Who gives pretty boy banders advice on how to really make it big? Danny DeVito, of course.
The “Twins” star tells NY Daily News that it’s because of him that we’ll be seeing more of Harry Styles on the silver screen.
“The big thing I told (One Direction) when they were breaking up was that they should take all their money and get some acting lessons,” DeVito told us at the fifth annual Reel Stories event in L.A. “I am delighted for Harry.”
Styles is slated to have a role in “Dunkirk,” a World War II film coming out in 2017 that also stars Tom Hardy and Kenneth Branagh. It’s being directed by Christopher Nolan of “Interstellar” and “The Dark Night” fame. While DeVito thinks that Styles looks the part of a Hollywood star, he says there’s lots of room from improvement.
“He is like a natural, a handsome guy and is good,” says the 71-year old New Jersey native, adding, “And he needs to work on his skills a little.”
According to DeVito, the 22-year-old singer will be fine if he just follows directions.
“Harry is going to do a good movie with Christopher Nolan,” he said.
DeVito witnessed Styles’ acting chops first-hand when he appeared in One Direction’s 2014 music video for “Steal My Girl.” Proving there are no small parts, the 4-feet-10 DeVito refers to that video as a “movie” despite its five-minute, 18-second run time.
One Direction star Louis Tomlinson has signed on for his first big gig since the band went on hiatus – he has joined the line up for Soccer Aid.
The Doncaster Rovers fan will play on the England side for the charity football match against the Rest Of The World team on June 5 at Old Trafford in Manchester.
The match, in aid of children’s charity Unicef, will be Tomlinson’s first project since One Direction announced they would be going on a break and the boyband star became a father for the first time.
I’m really excited to play in this year’s Soccer Aid event. Unicef as a charity, and its workers, continue to amaze me and helping even in this small way is a privilege.
– Louis Tomlinson
Tomlinson will play under the watchful eye of England’s assistant manager and pop star Robbie Williams, who is Unicef’s UK ambassador.
It is not the first time that he has played in a charity football match.
Aston Villa forward Gabby Agbonlahor was the subject of angry Twitter threats from One Direction fans after his tackle on his tackle on the singer a charity match left the 21-year-old limping off the pitch and vomiting on the sideline.
He joins fellow pop stars Olly Murs and Marvin Humes on the team, as well as reality star Mark Wright, comedians Paddy McGuinness, Jack Whitehall and John Bishop and presenters Ben Shephard and Jonathan Wilkes with Jamie Theakston in goal.
The Rest Of The World team will be captained by Welsh actor and Unicef UK ambassador Michael Sheen, who will lead out superstar chef Gordon Ramsay, former Westlife singer Nicky Byrne and presenter Rickie Haywood-Williams.
Soccer Aid was started by Williams and his pal Wilkes and has already raised £17 million for Unicef through donations and profits from ticket sales. The biennial live event will be hosted by presenter Dermot O’Leary with Sky Sports News presenter Kirsty Gallacher reporting from the side of the pitch.
The match will be broadcast live on ITV.
Tickets are now on sale for Soccer Aid 2016 and for more information on how you can buy them, click here.